Don’t worry! This project is real easy (there are only 4 steps lol). It’s basically a frame loom with little notches to keep you better organized.
Here’s what you’ll need:
The length of the pieces of the wood are up to you! But it’ll dictate the size and ratio of the weavings you’re able to make.
- 2 rectangular dowel rods (mine were 3/4in)
- 2 1in x 2 in pieces
- Jab saw
1. Take your two dowel rods and mark off every centimeter. I would leave some room on both ends of rod (I didn’t and it made it hard to drill in the nails towards the end).
Also! Make sure to line your two dowel rods up as you measure and mark so that the increments are exactly the same.
2. Then, take your jab saw and create little slits. Make these about half the depth of the dowel rod. You could use another type of saw, but I think a jab saw creates the ideal thickness for your notches. Remember to sand down the notches.
This is the most time consuming part! It’s annoying but you can do it!
3. Next, place your dowel rods on top and perpendicular to the 1in x 2 in pieces. Hold it down to keep both pieces in place, and drill through both pieces about the length of your nail.
4. Do this on all four corners. Then, take a screwdriver and secure your loom.